Whether you’ve never had to file a claim before or you have, here’s a quick guide to storm restoration to walk you through the process.
What To Do First
- Immediately after a storm, take a lot of pictures around your property. Many times, it’s helpful to have this as documented proof in case there’s a dispute with your insurance carrier or adjuster.
- Get your roof inspected by a reputable contractor soon after the storm. A good roofing contractor will not only give you an inspection report, they’ll also take more photos up on your roof to document all damage.
- File your claim. Call your insurance provider and request an adjuster appointment. They should walk you through these next steps. They should assign you an adjuster as well as a date and time that they’re able to come out. Make sure your contractor is there for the adjuster meeting. This way, nothing is overlooked or missed from the adjuster’s report, and they can act as your knowledgeable advocate.
- Go through the job scope with your contractor and adjuster. Go line by line to ensure nothing is missing from the report. This way, you’re getting everything you need picked up by your insurance carrier.
- Roof installation. This next part is actually one of the easiest for you. Have a meeting with your contractor about roof colors that your HOA allows, and then your contractor can perform the actual installation. Typically, with an average sized house, the installation process can take anywhere between 1-3 days. This includes tear off, decking inspection, and replacement of the roof itself.
- Final walkthrough. After your roof replacement, your contractor should perform a final walkthrough to ensure the roof meets code standards, your standards, and your contractor’s standards. They should also run a magnet around your property to pick up any nails etc. that were dropped from the roof.
- Invoicing. A good contractor will have a department to handle invoicing for you, so that you’re not having to track down multiple invoices. After that, you’re done!
We know this process can be confusing, especially if you’ve never had to file a claim before. If you have any questions about our guide to storm restoration, feel free to reach out! Even if we’re not your contractor, we’re always happy to help.
For a more in-depth guide, check out our Insurance Claims Guide
Want more Striker content? Check out our Facebook page